Warranty and Returns
1. Australian Consumer Law
Our Returns Policy includes, and does not seek to exclude or limit, the rights you have under the Australian Consumer Law (if you are a consumer) and other relevant laws.
If you are a consumer under the Australian Consumer Law:
- All goods sold by Custom PCs Australia come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer law (ACL). You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure. You are also entitled to have the goods replaced or repaired if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
- Your rights under the Australian Consumer Law are not limited by a defined time. However, the Australian Consumer Law does recognise that the relevant time period for which a remedy may be available can vary from product to product, depending on factors such as the nature of the product and the price. Therefore, as you can understand, the type of remedy we can offer you may also vary depending on how long it takes you to return the product to us.
2. Returning a Product
If a product purchased from Custom PCs Australia turns out to be faulty, we will strive to resolve the issue as soon as possible. We strongly recommend that you contact the manufacturer directly if your product is not functioning as desired. This generally helps resolve the problem faster. If you would like our assistance in contacting the manufacturer, you can call us on 0419 001 426 and we will be glad to assist you.
If the product you are returning is a Custom PCs Australia custom built product, and you do not have proof of purchase, we may offer you a repair, exchange or store credit (including online store) with the value of the product at the lowest recorded system purchase price as the purchase date (and hence the corresponding purchase price) of your product will not be able to be determined.
3. Lodging a Claim
Here are the steps to take in order to lodge a warranty return with us:
- Speak to technical support via phone/email. Even if you are sure the hardware is faulty you must lodge a support request with the details of the problem. The reason for this is that 90% of returns are non-faulty and end up costing the owner wasted freight to and from us. There may also be a known fix or workaround and we can guide you in that direction.
- If the request appears to be a hardware problem we will request you return the faulty goods. Please ensure your description is sufficient for our technicians to find and trouble shoot any suspected faults during testing upon return to us. Tech support can be reached on 0419 001 426
Once it’s established that you need to return the item purchased from our store, you should follow the guidelines below:
- Ensure the hardware is packed well to avoid any in-transit damage.
- Mark clearly your order # on the outside of the box, with our return address below.
- Please only send back the piece of hardware or complete unit (i.e. wireless kit, complete speaker system) suspected of a fault, i.e. do not return manuals, boxes, driver disks or other accessories that you wish to keep as we cannot be responsible for the return or lack thereof of additional once a 3rd party vendor has processed the warranty claim.
- If you are unsure of exactly what to send back please contact us.
- Goods arriving damaged will not be accepted.
- Inadequately packaged goods may incur a $25 packing fee on return.
- Goods returned charged to us will not be accepted.
- Custom PCs Australia cannot be held responsible for any damage caused during return transit.
- Under no circumstances will Custom PCs Australia ship out replacement goods before the warranty items have been received by our warranty department.
4. Product Assessment
Once proof of purchase has been established, the available remedy will depend on the nature of the fault. You are entitled to a refund or exchange if an item has a MAJOR problem. This is when the item:
- Has a problem that would have stopped someone from buying the item if they had known about it.
- Is unsafe.
- Is significantly different from the sample or description.
- Doesn't do what we said it wouldn't or what you asked for and can’t be easily fixed.
Alternatively, you can choose to keep the item and we would compensate you for any drop in value.
If the problem is NOT MAJOR, we will repair the item within a reasonable time. If it is not repaired in a reasonable time you are entitled to a refund or replacement.
If upon inspection, no fault is found with the product, or that the product been damaged due to misuse or neglect, we may charge you the costs incurred by us in connection with the assessment of your product, including any shipping costs.
If the product does not match its advertised description, we may provide you with a choice between a refund or credit to the value of the product purchased.
5. When you are NOT entitled to a refund or exchange
Under the Australian Consumer Law, you have the right to return a product and get a refund or exchange if the product does not meet certain consumer guarantees - for example, if the product is faulty.
You do not have a right to return a product if you:
- Changed your mind and no longer want the product
- Ordered the wrong product
- Found the product cheaper elsewhere
- Found a better product elsewhere
- Were aware of the relevant fault before buying the product (such as if the fault was written on the product's tag, or for online purchases, indicated in any photos or descriptions of the item online)
- Damaged the product by misusing it (such as if you dropped your mobile phone in water)
- Used the product for a long time and the problem is as a result of usual wear and tear.
6. Printers, Laptops and Monitors
These items are covered directly by their manufacturer, most of which have repairers nationwide. For printers, just check your manual, there should be an appropriate 1800 or 13 style telephone number to call.
Nearly all monitors have a nationwide on-site warranty inside a metro area. We are not an authorised service centre for these items. Lodge a request via our support area if you need more help contacting your manufacturer or their local service agent. Dead/Zero/Bright pixel warranties on LCD monitors are honoured, however since this is not a Major fault, we do not cover any freight costs both ways for this service.
7. Goods Outside Custom PCs Australia's warranty That Still Have Factory Warranty
Some goods have an extended warranty from their manufacturer.
Custom PCs Australia warrants all goods sold (excluding consumables, OEM keyboard/mouse etc.) for 12 months.
We will handle returns when possible on extended warranty goods for customers, providing freight both ways and any other associated costs (factory testing, warranty rejection) are paid and a $25 service fee is paid.
8. Shipping and Other Costs
Returning small and medium-sized items.
- You are responsible for returning small and medium-sized items to Custom PCs Australia. If you bought the item online, this means you must initially pay the return postage, shipping or courier costs.
- Once we have the item, we will assess the problem. If the item has a major or minor fault, you are entitled to a refund of return costs.
- Goods tested and found to be non-faulty will be returned at your cost.
- If the product returned is found to be non-faulty upon inspection, you will be charged a $45 testing fee.
9. Custom PC build Warranty
Custom Pcs Australia warrants any hardware defect for 12 months from the date of delivery. If an issue arises please contact us as soon as possible. If required we will designate the return address at this time.
Our warranty is Return to Base, which means that you pay the shipping to us and we pay the return shipping to you.
Our warranty excludes the below items
- Physical Damage to the product (Includes bent Motherboard pins)
- Damage caused by external source such as power surge
- Incorrectly configured software
- Incorrectly configured BIOS settings or hardware drivers
- Problem caused by Virus or other malicious software
- Operating System problems not caused by hardware failure
The product must be in its original shipped condition and of the same configuration as purchased.
If an item requires replacement and the original can no longer be sourced we will replace the item with the nearest possible available alternative.
10. Return Address
Please use the address below to return products to us:Custom PCs Australia
ATT: Warranty (Your Order Number)
7A Beluga Street
NOTE: We cannot accept any C.O.D. items, sending this way will unfortunately result in delays caused by refusal to accept delivery.